display driver failed error message
Original title: hardware or software?__
I'm getting a display driver failed msg.screen blacks out and system freezes, no sounds.
whats wrong ?, do I need to buy a new computer...this one is 1 year old...running XP on a gateway DX4822 dual core 2.66GHZ
Keys to the Problem display driver failed error message
You don’t need to buy a new computer.
· Could you provide us the exact error message that you received?
· Did you recently make any changes to your computer before this issue occurred?
· When the computer froze, did you try to restart the computer to see if you’re able to boot the computer back to the desktop? If yes, how did the display look like once you restarted the computer?
As of now, I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Boot the computer in Safe mode
a. Use F8 while restarting the computer.
b. Under Windows Boot options menu, select “Safe mode” and press Enter.
c. Check if you’re able to boot to the computer, follow step 2.
Step 2: How to troubleshoot the video adapter driver in Safe mode in Windows XP
Resources for troubleshooting display problems in Windows XP
Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "System Restore" (without quotes) in the Search box and hit Enter or,
- Click on System Restore (when you see System Restore pop up in the list of search results).
- Make sure the "Recommended restore" radio button is checked on the restore utility window.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions given.
Note: There is the option on the restore utility to select "Choose a different restore point". Unless you have a specific reason to select a different date and time than what Windows recommends, just select the recommended option stated in the steps above. If you choose to select another one, follow these steps:Click on that desired date and time, and Windows 7 will perform a scan for any affected programs in that restore point.
Once completed, click Next and follow the instructions given.
Once you have selected the restore point, your system will start the restoring process, after which you will have to restart the system.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: display driver failed error message:
How to Fix display driver failed error message with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 188.8.131.5228,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.184.108.40.20633,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.220.127.116.1147,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Does Remote Desktop on Windows 7 machines work over the internet??,Fast Solution to Error: Does Windows 8 have much shorter loading times for games than Windows 7?,How to Fix Error - Disk management keeps locking up?,How to Fix - driver for smart ax mt841 for window7?,Fast Solution to Error: DNS errors with windows 7 on dial up,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)