access virtual drive C through host
I have a Windows 7 pro machine with a virtual drive mounted to allow me to run legacy stuff. Is there any way to access this virtual drive through either my host (as the virtual drive is shut off (or down) OR access the virtual drive through a 'safe mode'???
I have a program that apparently didn't uninstall cleanly and as I look at 'services', there's a mysql file that continues to try to start up so I cannot delete the remaining folder. TIA
Keys to the Problem access virtual drive C through host
Open Disk Management by right clicking on Computer and select Manage.
Then select Disk Management
Then Attach VHD
It will ask where the vhd drive is stored and then it will mount the drive and you will be able to do what you want.
When you are finished, detach the drive by right clicking on it in the disk management list.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error access virtual drive C through host has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: access virtual drive C through host:
How to Fix access virtual drive C through host with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: [Anwsered] A friend updated to Win 7,Solution to Error: AC Adapter Warning Message - use a high performance AC Adapter,Tech Support: Access Denied for C drive,Add mergefield switch to AddressBlock for Word 2010 merge Tech Support,How Can You Fix - Action Center Popup PLEASE HELP?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up