Add formula to entire column
I did something by accident the other day and I don't know how to do it again.
I have a formula in a cell and I want to copy it to every cell in that column.
How do I do it quickly with having to drap and drop (i.e.
say I have a very long spreadsheet).
Keys to the Problem Add formula to entire column
I suspect what you did was to fill using a double-click.
Assume your formula is in a cell in a column right next to a long list of continuous data. You select the cell with the formula in it and move your mouse pointer to the lower right corner of that cell until it it is over the small square box and changes
from a fat cross to a small + sign. Then you double-click and voila! the formula is automatically filled down that column for as many cells as have entries in them in the column next to it.
By the way: that little square is called the "fill handle".
More info: you can also just click on the fill handle and drag with it in any direction to 'fill' based on that cell. You can drag up/down/left/right - just not diagonally. Also, you can select several cells on a row or in a column and then the fill handle
will be at the lower right corner of the cell that makes up the lower right "corner" of the group and then fill by click-and-hold-and-drag to fill that entire group horizontally or vertically.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Add formula to entire column:
How to Fix Add formula to entire column with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How Can You Fix - 80070490 error code when trying to update service pack 2?,Solution to Error: Access 2003 sendobject error on Windows 7 PC,Troubleshoot:access virtual drive C through host,Solution to Error: A940 reinstallation problems,Fast Solution to Problem: Add a printer access denied message in windows 7,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up