2016년 3월 30일 수요일

[Solved] Action center still says Set up Backup after I have already backed up to an external hard drive

Action center still says Set up Backup after I have already backed up to an external hard drive

Action center still says Set up Backup after I have already backed up to an external hard drive (a Western Digital My Passport Essential SE external hard drive).  Why doesn't it recognize that I have backed up to external hard drive? Should I be backing
up in some other way?

Keys to the Problem Action center still says Set up Backup after I have already backed up to an external hard drive

Download Error Fixer (Free)

I suggest you get away from the Windows backup program and get yourself a good commercial backup program.
This forum is fraught with problem reports for the Windows one.
I know I was very unimpressed when I tried it.
Two I'm familiar with and like are Norton
Ghost (which I've been using for 7 years without the 1st problem), and Memeo which has a 30 day free trial and you can buy it for $29.99 - you can download it from http://memeo.com .
You can get Ghost for next to nothing (like I did) if you watch the sales.
CNET has a lot of backup program reviews at
http://download.cnet.com/windows/backup-software/?tag=contentBody;sideBar
.
Some of these are free (last time I checked there were over 300), some have free trials (over 1000), and some are purchase only (over 200).
Good luck

To check for Windows updates. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer. If any updates are found, click Install updates.

Install the latest updates for Windows and for the program displaying the error. Note that the update for the program might be listed as an optional update on the Windows Update page.

Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Action center still says Set up Backup after I have already backed up to an external hard drive:

How to Fix Action center still says Set up Backup after I have already backed up to an external hard drive with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: Action Center says I have a problem with Nvidia Graphics Card,Troubleshooting:8000FFF KB978506 KB976972 KB977074 Windows 7,How Can I Fix - A program won't un-install on my computer. It says it can't find the correct installation folder.?,Solution to Error: Acrobat fails to update.,A link won't open when I click on it. There is a small toolbar that pops up all pages open on the internet when you hover over the internet symbol but, when I click on it, the page still doesnt open. [Anwsered],Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기