After factory reset getting error message as "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed".
Original title : How to fix setup is starting services
I booted up my Windows 7 Packard Bell TM97 Easynote one day after a factory reset, this was because I had big errors installing sp1.
But now when I turn it on, it shows starting windows like normal, then it shows the Setup is starting services screen.
a few seconds later, a small windows pops up that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.
Windows installation cannot proceed.
To install Windows, click OK o restart the computer, and then restart the installation.
So I press ok but when it loads back up, the whole thing happens again in a loop.
I have no Windows 7 disc as it came Pre installed, and when I press F8 during boot, there's no repair your compute option, so I can't restore the computer.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Anwsers to the Problem After factory reset getting error message as "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed".
You may contact the computer manufacturer regarding factor reset as recovery is installed by the computer manufacturer.
Packard Bell - Customer Self Service
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: After factory reset getting error message as "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed".:
How to Fix After factory reset getting error message as "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed". with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Adobe Shockwave and Flash Player Upgrades [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: Adobe Software (CS 5.5) won't install without errors.,How Can You Fix - Adobe Flash Player error: BDB57FF2 79B9 4205 9447 F5FE85FE37312.?,How to Fix Error - adding second hard drive for old computer?,Troubleshooting:after a crash, I'm having problems running things on windows 7 Error,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded