After updating to Windows 8.1 Update 1, IE History and Frequent Sites keep getting cleared out.
Original title: IE History and Frequent Sites keep getting cleared out
After updating to Windows 8.1 Update 1, IE seems to clear out its history every few days, and as a result the 'Frequent' sites list gets cleared out., which is pretty annoying as I use that list very often.
I have Norton 360, but it's never cleared out history
in the past and I don't have a setting like that turned on.
Keys to the Problem After updating to Windows 8.1 Update 1, IE History and Frequent Sites keep getting cleared out.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After updating to Windows 8.1 Update 1, IE History and Frequent Sites keep getting cleared out.:
How to Fix After updating to Windows 8.1 Update 1, IE History and Frequent Sites keep getting cleared out. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshoot:After installing Windows Updates Internet Explorer does not open Error,Solution to Error: After installing Windows 8.1 on Samsung Ultrabook, it now freezes every 10 minutes or so and is unusable.,after upgradeing to win8.1 my computer is in a endless boot when tring my asus graphics card [Solved],Troubleshooter of Error: After removing Real Player, I can no longer open shortcuts from desktop.,[Anwsered] After upgrading to Windows 7, our printer is no longer working.,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator