Boot up problems.-- RunDLL32.exe, pocedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link librarymsvcrt.dll
I get the message RunDLL32.exe, pocedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link librarymsvcrt.dll.
What should I do?
I've been having boot problems, boot loop, I think that seems to have been solved by using last known good configuration but I get this dialog box pop up.
I have not closed it for fear it will start XP looping again.
Keys to the Problem Boot up problems.-- RunDLL32.exe, pocedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link librarymsvcrt.dll
1. Have you made any recent changes on the computer?
2. Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
3. When exactly do you receive the error message?
Check if the issue persists in safe mode and post back with the result.
A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
If the issue does not persist in safe mode then there is a possibility that some third party programs installed on the computer is causing the issue.
I would suggest that you set the computer in the clean boot state and check if it helps.
To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you may start Windows XP by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
Refer the article to know more about clean boot procedure.
How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
Reset the computer to start as usual
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. Type msconfig and then click OK.
The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.
3. Click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services and then click
4. When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.
If the above step fails then I would suggest that you run SFC scan on the computer
which would scan for corrupted system files and try to fix them.
The scan may take some time, so be patient.
Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that it finds.
If information from the installation CD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to insert your Windows XP installation
Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe)
You are prompted to insert a Windows XP SP2 CD when you try to run the System File Checker tool on a Windows XP SP2-based computer
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Boot up problems.-- RunDLL32.exe, pocedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link librarymsvcrt.dll has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Boot up problems.-- RunDLL32.exe, pocedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link librarymsvcrt.dll:
How to Fix Boot up problems.-- RunDLL32.exe, pocedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link librarymsvcrt.dll with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: C:\\users\\Brian not found [Anwsered],Solution to Error: by mistake I deleted apple application support, how can i get it back.,How to Fix - CADKEY99 DOES NOT WORK?,By mistake I have blocked the installation of Software from Adobe System Incorporated. Error: This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine [Anwsered],How to Fix Error - BSOD multiple times a day?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work